1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My Acer ES1-711 ZYL laptop won’t turn on

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Demoredell19, Oct 23, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Demoredell19

Demoredell19 Thread Starter

I have a Acer ES1-711 ZYL laptop. I have taken the entire laptop apart and put it back together but no matter what I do it won’t charge. The LED lights won’t turn on. I don’t know what else to do.

2. phillpower2

phillpower2

Hello Demoredell19,

Couple of questions if I may, was there a particular reason why you felt it necessary to dismantle the notebook, have you tried another AC adaptor that is appropriate for use with your notebook, does the present AC adaptor have an LED on it that lights up when the power to it is turned on at the wall socket.

3. Demoredell19

I have two different chargers and both LED lights turned on. And when it stopped working the fan made a strange noise and it was covered in stuff so I cleaned it. And I also made sure everything was still connected and nothing was lose.

4. phillpower2

phillpower2

If both chargers are the correct ones for the notebook and the LEDs light up on them but not on the notebook itself it suggests motherboard failure I`m afraid, if for example the CPU had fried because the cooling fan had failed you would still get the power button on the notebook chassis lighting up, the fact that it is not means that there is no power getting through.

Please note that I would suggest that you get the notebook checked by a local tech or tech store who should have an appropriate AC adaptor.

5. Demoredell19

Thank you.

6. phillpower2

phillpower2

You are welcome, just sorry that I could not offer you a better solution :(

It is a pity that you have to take the bottom off the notebook to get to the RAM but one other check I would try is removing the RAM and then try powering up, only having the one memory slot it would not cure the problem but RAM can sometimes short out the DIMM slot/s and short circuits can cause all sorts of problems and behaviour.

7. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    I would replace the Cmos battery, a worn out one can cause some funny faults.

I found this dismantling video, you may have to slow it down though :-

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1198297

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice