1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My audio wont work anymore

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by shantar, Mar 23, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shantar

shantar Thread Starter

I got a new NB72-SC/SR system board and hooked everything up (I hope). I whent back to playing my games and such, but realised i had no sound, i looked through the manual and could not figure out what i had missed to hook up, but thought maybe someone else could help. I have already tried re-installing windows 98 and that did no good. I saw this place and thought that someone would probably have some suggestions, so here i am, if anyone can help that would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks for you time,
    =)

2. Rusty1952

Rusty1952

Hi, Does the MB have "Onboard Audio", or do you have a seperate Adapter Card for Snd ? Either way, did you chek to see if the audio cable from the Atapi device that you are using for sound is hooked up to the appropriate CD header on the MB ?

Also, if you did a new installation of windows?, have you tried opening the volume controls icon which may be in the sysmtray to adjust the Play Control (volume) and Wave/Direct Snd ?
    Let us know, please.

3. $teve

$teve

welcome to T.S.G shantar.
    in addition to rustys sugestions.
    are there any yellow exclamation marks under your audio device in device manager?
    if not,Just enable digital audio. Right-click on My Computer, then choose Manage........ Select Device Manager from the left-hand pane.......... Navigate to the properties box for each of your CD, DVD, CD-RW, or DVD-RAM drives, and check the box Enable digital audio.

;)

4. shantar

shantar Thread Starter

thanks for the suggestions, but im not totaly sure where to turn on the digital audio like you were saying $teve, i tried right clicking on my computer but i didnt give me the option of managing. Instead i found properties and when into the device manager and found my sound, but it did not have any options for turning on digital sound. And for the cable for the atapi device, is that the cd drive, sorry for the dumb question but im still in the process of learning a few things. Thanks for you help though

5. waltj2

waltj2

Manual states there is on-board audio, so make sure there is a cable attached to the CDRom & J2 or J4.

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/125251

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice