1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My Backpack.

Discussion in 'Random Discussion' started by Servant of Eru, Oct 18, 2003.

Advertisement
  1. Servant of Eru

Servant of Eru Thread Starter

I was so excited today. Not only was it homecoming, but my backpack I ordered a week ago came from www.ebags.com .

I bought it because of all the stuff I could write on it. It looks girly in the pictures, but I fixed that, with appropriate writing, black flames, and other self made band logos, and quotes, it reflects me, and looks good enough in the process. I was so excited I went to homecoming in my traditional war-paint, and school-spirit hair spray; with back pack in tow. :rolleyes: Okay, so I had a sweatshirt, my Bible, and three Pepsis and an orange and an apple ( snack bar is expensive, I bought the bare minimum from there). ;) It's easily the best backpack I've ever owned.

At the start of the school year I bought a cheapo from K-mart, and it started tearing within the first month. Also the zippers derailed almost daily (fixable but very, very annoying). :rolleyes: Considering that I bought that SOB for $20 and I had to buy a much more roomy, stylish, and durable one for $29; it was a complete and utter waste of $20. :mad:

I have a $10 off certificate for anyone who wants it, came with my order. Actually, my dad'll probably want to spend it on a backpack for the sibs in the future. :rolleyes: LOL my sister said I mutilated it with all the writing I put on it. :rolleyes:

Among other things I put on it were......

YOU'RE NOT "GHETTO"

So pull your pants up,
    Turn your hat around,
    and speak Ingles.

(After becoming fed up with the glorification of the "ghetto" culture; and people saying "I'm so ghetto" when they're wearing name-brand clothes, and live in Granite Bay. For those of you who don't know Granite Bay is where most of the Sacramento Kings live. :rolleyes: Eventually you get tired of saying "Unless your family is involved in organized crime, you're not ghetto.")

J.T.G. 3 (My Initials) and my Phone #

I have a Magnetic Personality; One of my Poles is just 'Switched.'

Metallica, Pink Floyd, Linkin Park, The O.C. Supertones, Pax 217, and MXPX West Coast Punk Rawk logos of my own design

The internet? That thing's still around?
    ~Homer Simpson~

(My all time favorite 'Homer' quote.)

I'm Lost

(Lilo and Stich quote; though it does tend to sink in and have meaning to me.)

Servant of Eru & Maleldil

(A reference to the one true God of both C.S. Lewis's space trilogy, and J.R.R. Tolkien's world. )

Life...Hurts
    I (Sort Of) Got Over It

I Just Got Shafted By A Three Year Old Girl

(A rather humorous statement made by yours truly, after spending the day trying to become friends with a Three Year old.)

Bluesman's well know quote:

Burp...Whut?

Copyright 2003 Bluesman Enterprises

(Other members at Major Geeks should understand the significance of this. Seek {Google} and ye shall find another but kickin' forum I think of almost as the sister site of this one {they even use the exact same Message Board program}. )

J0|-||\|
    3:16

The Trinity symbol of Celtic origin

(Most of you probably know it as the "P.O.D." symbol; it's on the cover of all their albums. )

Alien Head

(Resembles the Alienware logo {okay it's identical} represents my fascination with space, the probability of extraterrestial life, and the unknown. )

Ninja Star

A squarish geometric symbol that I mad up

Black Flames

and

My alias, Irox, in it's original, crude, elemental, tag art form.

I'll try to get my digicam to work so I can post a pic of it soon. Like I said, my sister said I mutilated it, but i love it. :D

[​IMG] Link to the site I purchased it from.

Anyway, is an awesome pack, for an awesome price (considering the "cheapos" at K-mart were $20); and I recommend it. The staps are uber cool (padded to the max), and the eyelet for the headphones is hidden so well I almost thought they were lying when I opened it, as that's the first thing i looked for. Lots of room (some of the reviews said it didn't have enough, I don't know what they were smoking at the time of writing that) as long as you use your locker (minimally). Colors are cool, though I've read that the white on the pink one retains stains easily; but I don't think it really matters since this was closeout, that was the most popular style since the star Pink wore it in a music video (according to them, i wouldn't know, I'm not into her music); it's of course sold out. But I think the Blue one's alot nicer anyway, which is what i have so I'm very, very happy. The only possibly problem is it has these C-shaped pockets, and they might be difficult to unzip at first, though after using them just a couple times I'm already settling in to how to master them. ;)

Shipping's free, no tax, (don't know how they do it, ) free hassle-free returns if you don't like it, with a 110% money back gurantee, (according to them, I haven't actually returned anything to them yet, ) and a lifetime gurantee from Jansport.

All in all for $29.99 no shipping, no tax, really good backpack, you can't beat it. I would definitely buy again from them and probably will next time I need a new one (which will probably just be because I get tired of carrying it for years on end, or it gets just plain scuzzy from everyday use from what I've read about Jansport). Though I am thinking about buying one of their tech backpacks in the near future if I ever actually buy a new laptop to replace the piece of sh!t one I have now, that overheats if the keyboard's actually in it like it's supposed to (I have to run it with the heat sink exposed to open air if I want to run it for any usable amount of time). Not exactly something I can carry to school with me. :mad: But their tech backpacks were $60 for one that I think would work for anyone who doesn't have to have imported Gucci equivalent luggage to carry their stuff. In other words even for a tech backpack you would never use the whole capacity of unless carrying a plethora of electronics in; you don't need one that's mor than $60 on their website.

They also had the best priced Clive skateboard backpacks I've ever seen. Not that I've ever need a backpack of those behemoth proportions. :eek: You probably won't find a better bargain online with better service/reliability etc. unless you spend months looking, since I used both Dealtime and Price Grabber at the same time to find the best priced, best rated site for Backpacks/Luggage.

*Passes out from the lack of air his constant bantering presented*

*Thudd!*

2. Aaron.W

Aaron.W

Good thing he didn't get it on a weekday morning.
    He'd miss a day in school from all the hyperventilating. :D

3. buddhafabio

buddhafabio

you are lucky some of the schools here dont allow back packs. (afraid of school shootings)
    i would have went crazy i only went to my locker 2 times a day

4. KeithKman

KeithKman

Nice looking PURPLE backpack. ;)

5. lisaa7002

lisaa7002

Bud- How the heck are kids supposed to get stuff to & from school? I know all the homework we brought home it would have been physically impossible for me to have gotten it all home without a backpack...??

6. buddhafabio

buddhafabio

most of those allow the kids to bring them to school but it has to stay in the locker.

7. lisaa7002

lisaa7002

Ohhh. Ok that's a little better. At my school we never had time to go to our lockers between classes- they were spead out too much- you spent all your time just getting to class. Just one more effect of kids going insane....

8. buddhafabio

buddhafabio

i think my almamater Hazelwood central high just started that.

bu8t then agian i rarly had home work and left the thing at school most of the time

9. CyBerAliEn

CyBerAliEn

lisaa7002:

A good majority of the kids don't take anything home with them, they leave everything in their locker. When the get to school the next day, they do their homework before that class where it is due. Generally by getting and copying answers from others.

Today things are also perhaps different. For one, very few classes still assign homework out of a book (that you would have to carry home). Usually you get packets, papers (work sheets), etc. Of course, this is highly variable as it really depends on the teacher and the subject being taught. For example, in English classes you write essays, read out of a novel, work sheets, etc. Very rarely is there too much out of the book (atleast what I had when I was in high school; my cousin happens to have the same situation that I had). Again, not really that hard to carry say two pieces of paper, for every class, home with you each day. Of course, some classes still use books a lot (as in the big heavy 'subject books' with like 300-500 pages). Like the history classes, math classes (although in the lower grades I have noticed they are using a lot of work sheets [basically a piece of paper with the problems on it and you do them] instead of a book), etc.

Just some thoughts to perhaps consider. Times have changed at school. You really do not lug home a book for every class anymore.

10. lisaa7002

lisaa7002

Oh Cripes! I'm not THAT old!!! ;) wow I just turned 33 on the tenth & you've managed to make me feel 83!

No, I understand things have changed a lot. Hopefully by the time my kids are old enought for homework they can do it ALL on the computer. I'll just have to get another one......

11. lisaa7002

lisaa7002

Oh yeah, & give me the good 'ole days where you had to lug home 30 lbs. of books, but no one was shooting at you.....

12. Aaron.W

Aaron.W

Hasn't Irox regained consciousness yet? :D

13. wanabe_buck

wanabe_buck Guest

hog wash...

no trouble at all when I was in school... I carried plenty of books home
    backpacks were for going camping... not to school

sorry...todays kids are wimps...

buck

14. hewee

hewee

Hay buck I did the same thing.
    But with drugs and guns these days they took all the locker away so you have no place to keep all your books in at school anymore so you have to carry all of them around all day.
    So backpacks are really needed.

15. wanabe_buck

wanabe_buck Guest

Hi hewee

maybe in your schools...My tax dollars just built a new high school in town with plenty of lockers for the wimps...

My boss has a 15 year old...good thing he keeps him away from me ;)

buck

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/172795

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice