My backspace key isn't working! :(

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dilliejue

Hello.

Recently I got a laptop, with Windows 7 installed.

Whenever I use MS Word, I always have a problem with my backspace key. Well, I've started to have this problem. I have looked at previous posts, someone suggested to another user to go to Tools - Options, then some other place, but I don't know how to find that on my Windows 7 version.

A quick solution to this would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you. :)

Dille Jue.

Keebellah

Hans
Trusted Advisor
Hi Dille Jue,
What is your Word version?
Is the problem only with Word?
The Tools and Options is not a Windows 7 option but a MS Word Option

Have you tried a different keyboard? It could just be a key going bad and you just don't notice it except when you are in Word.

dilliejue

Hi Dille Jue,
What is your Word version?
Is the problem only with Word?
The Tools and Options is not a Windows 7 option but a MS Word Option
It is Microsoft Word 2007, Windows 7
I understand that that is not a solution for this version, lol! Any advice? I have been on Word Options to ensure than the 'Typing replaces selection' is checked but I am unsure.

And I have a laptop, btw. =)

And yes, I knew it is a laptop, but that doesn't mean it can't be a bad key, even on a new laptop.
Try the backspace key in another program, such as Notepad or Excel (or anything else you might have) and let us know if it works or not in those programs.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online