1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

my Benq Joybook S53

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jr.lizardking, Jul 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jr.lizardking

Jr.lizardking Thread Starter

Hi, I have a Joybook laptop that I got, a Chinese model(long story how I came across it), but it has a problem where it seemingly overheats. When I first received the laptop(it was broken) I tried to fix it. I booted up Windows xp(a Chinese version) and it seemed to work , and run Windows XP. I then tried a windows xp setup disc of mine and it crashed when it started to load the actual setup after, loading hardware. I then tried my Ubuntu 7.04 disc and It would start to load then say "Critical Temperature (101 c) sending Sigkill to all processes" or something like that. I cant imagine the temperature being 101 degrees Celsius?! seems awfully high for 10 seconds into boot up. After a few tries I managed to get Ubuntu installed by keep trying, and now it boots up occasionally into Ubuntu, otherwise just gives me the temperature warning. I can sometimes Get it to start X , other times it wont properly load the display. I cant determine what to do next, taking it apart is sort of difficult, but im up for the task if it could possibly help.I was going to open it, but I didnt exactly know what to look for. Well hopefully I can get some replies , Ill check back frequently, Thanks.
    Jamie

2. kiwiguy

kiwiguy

3. Jr.lizardking

Jr.lizardking Thread Starter

I know that was a duplicate post. I didnt know what to do :S. I posted it in the Microsoft windows xp/2003 forums :|. sorry...I edited my other post before I posted this though.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/596248

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice