1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My birthday today, now i can get a PS3!

Discussion in 'Games' started by billymcmoy, Jun 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. billymcmoy

billymcmoy Thread Starter

My birthday today and i now have enough money. can't wait for it. but don't know what games to get. I'm into racing so i was thinking motorstorm or FI cham edition?

2. BlooChoo

BlooChoo

yeh at the moment that is the only racing game worth a look in as new ps3 software....there are pleny -s2 racers that are worth getting tho...but id get F1 champ and wait for Fatal Inertia to be released:)

3. jpgrapeape

jpgrapeape

Motorstorm is a good game, but you might want to look at a 360 instead. I have both a PS3 and 360 (as well as a Wii) so I'm not biased, but I've found the PS3 sitting unused as anything other than a BluRay player for a lot of the time while I go back to my 360 or Wii for gaming.

4. BlooChoo

BlooChoo

yeh i agree with the statement...i have all 3 too...and well i dont really use either ps3 or 360 much...as the games, look and feel of the systems is so simelar to the pc (PC, i think is far superiour as a gaming platform) the wii is deffinatly the out standing console...as it is so inovative and fun to play...no other console would make a living room full of people have so much fun:) event tho specs are far inferior to the other 2 consoles..the game play rules

5. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

I don't have any of them. :D However I'm still a Sony fan. I'm just waiting to see if the PS3 will be saved. It just seems to be slowly dieing.

My $.02 is wait a little longer.. Many rumors of a price cut. Or it may die from lack of exclusive games. My reason to get one is to play all my PS1 and 2 games, however for $600. I'll just keep the PS2 and play newer games on my PC.

Happy birthday!! :D (y) :D

6. ACA529

ACA529

7. Super-D-38

Super-D-38

8. ACA529

ACA529

Yeah.... :D

There are so many different console wars videos on YouTube I couldn't even begin to count.... :D

9. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    If you already Playstation / PS2 titles I would stick to PS3. I know I will once the price comes down. I know that in the UK they will be doing just that.

Oh and get F1 :)

10. thehungryhippo

thehungryhippo

but you can't play half of the ps2 games on the ps3....

11. Doom_Machine

Doom_Machine

what a crappy birthday is what you'll be saying when you realize ps3 sux

12. jeck forey

jeck forey

i havent liked the need for speed series for a long time until carbon...its a great game. The single player is the best part of it, but the online is ok too. If you play it be warned that the game is pretty cheesy but it makes up for it in gameplay.

13. BlooChoo

BlooChoo

can i just ask..how much are ps3's going for in the US?? i can pick one up in town here for £279...

14. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    $600 (£300)

15. BlooChoo

BlooChoo

Ah thats not bad:) thing is tho the mainstream shops in UK are ripping most of us off selling at £400 (as with all things here in UK...dam the VAT)

and yeh i do agree with most of the comments above...i only bought a PS3 cos i have about 100 original and PS2 games...so i wanted 1 console to integrate all that with a HD DVD player....i love this youtube song http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R98qC0fd_1w

but dont agree with the whole 360 comment...stick with PC for gaming

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/589810

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice