1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My Bluetooth adapter wont work

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Voyevoda, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Voyevoda

Voyevoda Thread Starter

Hi. I am having trouble getting my Bluetooth adapter to work.

Notes:
    The drivers install fine on both Windows 7 Pro and Windows 8 Pro
    The Bluetooth adapter is correctly installed on the motherboard (and should be working because it shares with the wifi card and I have wifi).
    Windows update fails to find the drivers for the device
    Windows acknowledges the presence of a SM Bus Controller but says the drivers are not installed correctly
    Drivers were installed from the motherboard manufacturers website (http://www.gigabyte.com/products/pro...px?pid=4166#ov)

The drivers on Windows 8 Pro don't actually install. Upon completion of the installation the installer then prompts me to reboot, I do, and when Windows starts up again I can install the drivers again as if they were never installed.
    Also, at the beginning of the installation Windows makes the device connected/disconnected sound, as if I it disconnects the Bluetooth and then reconnects it.

This is really annoying me, I would like to connect my phone and tablet but alas cannot.

Oh and there's all this stuff to help you guys. The Windows 8 is a fresh install from 30 minutes ago.

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8 Pro, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3770K CPU @ 3.50GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 32726 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 690, -2048 Mb (Its meant to say 4096MB)
    Hard Drives: B: Total - 476937 MB, Free - 476779 MB; C: Total - 114470 MB, Free - 3758 MB; E: Total - 1907625 MB, Free - 1515747 MB; F: Total - 1907727 MB, Free - 1741443 MB;
    Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd., Z77X-UD3H
    Antivirus: Windows Defender, Disabled

2. ajkane

ajkane

Windows 8 still has a lot of compatibility issues with drivers, software, etc. If there is now windows 8 download on gigabyte's website then you are out of luck until they update their drivers for windows 8. Sorry :(

3. flavallee

flavallee Frank Trusted Advisor

Both revisions(1.0 and 1.1) of the Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H motherboard do not have integrated bluetooth and wireless.

You apparently have a Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H-WB WIFI motherboard - which does have integrated bluetooth and wireless and does have Windows 8(64-bit) drivers.

Have you installed the Intel 9.3.0.1021 chipset drivers?

--------------------------------------------------------------

4. Voyevoda

Voyevoda Thread Starter

Yes the chipset drivers are installed. The atheros bluetooth suite is installed, but none of the executables in the program files folder launch at all. And Windows has no bluetooth in the control panel or any bluetooth file transfer or similar programs. But the bluetooth bus controller is still in the device manager.

And I overlooked the motherboard thing, I just assumed the program would pick up on it.

I still don't know the issue.

5. flavallee

flavallee Frank Trusted Advisor

I'm not sure if this article will be of any help and resolve the issue, but it won't hurt anything to read it.

----------------------------------------------------------------

6. Voyevoda

Voyevoda Thread Starter

Negative. Windows is not detecting my Nexus 10.

7. managed

managed Allan

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086240