My browser page is "jumping"

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

ruttinstag

Hard to explain but i use Firefox and only tonight has it started behaving strangely, when i load a page up the page starts to jump making the text unreadable, it is only the page that jumps and not the slider bar or address bar at the top, any help would be appreciated as uou can probably imagine................it's rather annoying :confused:

Thanks and merry christmas :)

ruttinstag

Strange really, sometimes it's all the time and sometimes it stops, it must be something to do with the browser (Firefox 1.5) as IE is fine, does anyone know where i can download an older version of Firefox?

Does it do it in Firefox Safe Mode?

To check, go to Start>Programs>Mozilla Firefox>Mozilla Firefox (Safe Mode).

In that case it can't be an extension causing the problem. Have you tried completely uninstalling Firefox and reinstalling?

With regards to an older version, I have firefoxsetup1.0.7.exe but I'm not sure I would recommend you install it as there have been security updates released since that version.

ruttinstag

Yeah i've also tried that, it really has got me stumped, i've removed everything and reinstalled it but it still happens

Did you install any new programs or do any program or Windows updates just before the problem started? Have you done the usual virus, spyware, trojan, etc scans?

It wouldn't hurt to run them in safe mode but your HJT log doesn't look bad to me.

One thing I notice though is that you have quite a few programs running in the background. It would be a good idea to disable all but the essential items, eg anti-virus. Things like Skype and the ObjectDock may possibly be causing a conflict.

Once you have disabled everything, see if you still have the problem and if not, re-enable things one at a time, testing between each, until your pages go wonky again.

ruttinstag

Right, i think i've found the problem, it's the default browser theme, if i change to any other theme it's fine, but as soon as i change to the Firefox default theme all hell breaks loose!!!

It doesn't need updating so what can be causing this?

No idea but it would most likely be some kind of clash with another program you have installed. Something has obviously recently changed on your computer to cause it and as I said in my previous post, disabling all background programs may help you identify the culprit, if there is one.

At least you can now prevent it even if you don't find the ultimate cause of it.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online