My Budget Setup

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

newbie7

Case: APLUS Case Qubic, Black Midi tower
Mobo: Asus M2A-VM HDMI
CPU: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600
RAM: Corsair TWIN2X 6400 DDR2, 2048MB
TV Card: Hauppauge WinTV-HVR1300MCE KIT

Generally using it for multimedia purposes. Wondering is there anything else needed. I already have hard drive, disk drive and 400w PSU.

Any comments, much appreciated

Also new motherboards are geared to SATA hard drives, so if your old drives are PATA you may have problems hooking all your drives

I have just checked the board and as suspected it only has one IDE controller which are designed for your optical drives

newbie7

Cheers for the info.

Video card: I came to the inclusion that the mobo had an integrated video. I'm i wrong?

Hard Drive: Its Sata (new enough).

IDE Controller: The one IDE Controller. You think thats going to create problesms in the future?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online