My C:\WINDOWS\Installer is over 12GB what can I do to reduce this?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Jaimes_Phazon

My Program files only add up to about 3.7 GB, but my C:\WINDOWS\Installer folder is over 12GB?

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Where did this "C:\WINDOWS\Installer " come from?

Jaimes_Phazon

Sorry I was under the impression that I could get "Tech Support" here. If you're unaware of things that are just part of the basic Windows Installation it doesn't look like you are capable of actually helping me with my "Tech" problem.

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
This folder is a hidden system folder, it is NOT to be messed with, that is why it is hidden.

Jaimes_Phazon

Why is it over 12GB though? and endfro I read that and tried out the program, but it doesn't do ****.

Jaimes_Phazon

"also wondering if the presence of these files (im guessing other computers dont have this massize amount of the miles) has anything to do with the fact that i cant seem to get alot of the updates for office 2003 to work. whenever i do automatic updates, all the updates for outlook and excel do not install. perhaps when this happens it is creating backup insall files of these updates?
This was happening to me too. So I think that is the problem. MS Office 2003 updates were not installing and I think they kept downloading and making back-ups to install from thus making the C:Windows/Installer folder take up lots of space. So how would I go about safely getting rid of all those unnecessary files?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online