1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My camera is not recognized

Discussion in 'Digital Photography & Imaging' started by 123kkc, Nov 21, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. 123kkc

123kkc Thread Starter

Suddenly my camera is not recognized when I connect it to my computer. I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times. I'm totally frustrated and need some help. I've spent hours trying to resolve this. Can anyone help?

I've had my Fuji Finepix F700 for a couple of years. Never a problem till now. I love this camera. Running Windows XP SP2. Fuji site says it's a Windows autoplay issue. Can't figure out how to access that and since the camera isn't being recognized, not sure that's really the issue.

2. ChuckE

ChuckE

How are you connecting the camera to your computer?
    And what makes you so sure it isn't the connection (the cable or the interface) that is giving you the problem?

3. wilson44512

wilson44512

4. 123kkc

123kkc Thread Starter

ChuckE - I am connecting with a USB cable. I am sure because I've tried a couple of different USB connection configurations and other hardward works from those same connections.

5. 123kkc

123kkc Thread Starter

6. wilson44512

wilson44512

did you try going into the control panel clicking on the scanner an camera icon. an then clicking add device. an try to install it that way?

7. slipe

slipe

“Autoplay” would be an indication of a completely different problem than the computer not installing the camera. A fault in autoplay would involve a download box not opening or software not opening when the camera is attached. That is a completely different thing from the camera uninstalling itself and not being recognized by Windows.

Clarify some things:
    Confirm the camera worked on your current computer and then quit.
    Does the camera show as a “removable drive”, “camera” or whatever in My Computer with the camera attached and turned on? Did it ever?
    What are you uninstalling and reinstalling?
    How did you access the photos when it was working?

It is unusual for a camera to have XP drivers to reinstall.

8. 123kkc

123kkc Thread Starter

wilson44512 - Yes, I've tried adding it from the control panel and this is what happens: I select FUJIFILM in the manufacturers list. The only model listed is FujiFilm MX-700 Digital Camera. I click the Have Disk button. I browse to my installation cd that came with my camera. Then I get a screen with no manufacturers and no models but there is another Have Disk button. If I click it and browse again to the installation CD (the USB Drivers folder) I am again returned to the empty screen of choices. Since there are no choices, I cannot continue. The next button is grayed out.

slipe - The camera has worked for a least a couple of years without fail and has now quit. No removeable drive appears when I plug it in via the USB. Instead I get the New Hardware Found screen. And yes, I used to see it as another drive. I have been uninstalling and reinstalling the software that came with the camera from Fuji. Previously all I had to do was connect to get the FinePix Viewer to appear and download the pics.

I appreciate all your help, but after more than 10 hours of troubleshooting I'm giving up and going to buy a card reader. Hopefully that will work. ??

9. wilson44512

wilson44512

10. buck52

buck52 Banned

did you do anything you can think of that would cause this?

buck

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/520287