Solved My camera needs a USB Port, what is that?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.
H

hamster

Yeah I'm stupid, I know what a usb port is, but do ever computer has one?? Or do I need a special plug in??

I have a fairly good computer 500 megahurts 64bit.. so It's not a dinosaur.

where is the usb port located?? I have to plug my cheap digital camera into it?? thank you.

A USB port is a rectangular port approximately 13mm x 6mm. A USB connector is also rectangular and will generally be printed or stamped with the USB symbol.
There will most likely be one or two USB ports at the back of your computer. If you don't see any USB ports at the back of your computer, you can purchase and install a USB card in your computer.

H

hamster

so I should already have one in? thank you. i luv you:p

Yes you should have one but it may be in use by something else, a printer or a scanner if you have either those.

Good luck :)

Not every computer has them, look on the back of the cpu and see if you see anything that looks like a pitchfork thingee that is your usb port.

It wasn't until around the 500 and 600 Mhz were coming out that really most motherboards all had USB. I'm sure some still don't though. It all depends on how much you pay for the mobo. Some have nothing, some have USB, and some have both USB and IEEE 1394.

I am using a HP Pavilion right now 300 mhz it came equipped from factory with 2 usb ports. I think it has to do with the motherboard not processor.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts