1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My CD burner is not recognizing blank CDs

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by awulff06, Dec 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. awulff06

awulff06 Thread Starter

My CD burner is not recognizing blank CDs.

Can someone help?

2. havago

havago

if you are using nero the best thing to do is uninstal the proggy then reinstal that normaly solves the problem

3. awulff06

awulff06 Thread Starter

Havago,
    I do not use Nero. I use itunes. If I uninstall and then reinstall, will I lose my music?

Do you think this is a hardware problem? Is my burner possibly dirty? Would you happen to have a suggested method of cleaning the burner? I have cats and I'm afraid cat hair has gotten inside my pc.

4. Rich-M

Rich-M

How old is burner? What brand? Computer is____? How about some clues here to help!

5. gamerbyron

gamerbyron

Also, Be more specific why you cannot burn the blank cds.

6. awulff06

awulff06 Thread Starter

My computer is an HP Pavillion a1340n. It is 2 years old. The DVD/CD burner came with the computer. If I have my itunes launched and insert a blank CD, itunes does not recognize the blank CD, and will continue to ask me to insert a blank CD. I tried the same thing with Windows Media Player, and had the same outcome. This problem has been occuring for about 3 or 4 months. When the blank CD is inserted, my computer makes noises and has a flashing green light, like it is trying to read it, but it never recognizes the blank disk.

Do you have any suggestions on what I should do?

7. Rich-M

Rich-M

Sounds like the drive is NG. You could open up the tower and reseat the cable and plug, but there really isn't much else to do.

8. Satsumomo

Satsumomo

Does this happen with ANY blank disc? Some drives have trouble reading certain types of blank discs.

You didn't mistakenly buy blank DVDs, did you? ;)

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/665758