1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My cd disc has stopped burning

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by dreamytech, Jan 19, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dreamytech

dreamytech Thread Starter

Hi I'm using HCL ME laptop with intel core i3 processor. It has a built in CD reader and writer which was working marvelously for the past 1 1/2 years :D. For the past 3 weeks it has stopped writing in to blank or already written Cd's but it reads any type of cd :(. It used to automaticaly show a dialogue box when a blank or loaded cd is inserted but now it doesn't do so:confused:. I'm worried and it shows the dialogue box stating "WINDOWS CAN'T READ THE DISC IN DRIVE F:\" and below this it says " MAKE SURE THAT THE DISK USES A FORMAT THAT WINDOW RECOGNIZES. IF THE DISK IS UNFORMATTED YOU NEED TO FORMAT IT BEFOR USE" please help me as I'm a college student who does a lot of works on CD's. so I have to fix this soon. Please HELP ME ! :eek: & THANK YOU in advance for those who seek to help me as it means a lot to me. :)

2. rasec2012

rasec2012

im sorry to tell you this but you got to replace the writer
    you have to get it out and tell me the brand and the model # so i can find you one!
    i was having the same problem as you a few months ago my dvd writer recognize the cd, dvd's and all that, but when i tried to burn some music cd's or burn dvd's, it starts and in the middle of the process get me the same problem as you and i have to throw the cd because it was already written but not completly, so i buy a new one on ebay and problem solved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! with the time these writes get tired and start to make problems like these, so the best recommendatrion its that you buy a new one!!!!!

3. matthewdownloads

matthewdownloads

Check the device manager and make sure the (latest) driver is installed for your CD drive.

Have you tried cleaning the laser with a cleaning CD? It's possible dust etc has gotten onto it which can cause read/write errors.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1085937

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice