1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

my cellphone software in my stolen laptop is using my address book maliciously

Discussion in 'Other Mobile Devices' started by worriedvictim, Jul 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. worriedvictim

worriedvictim Thread Starter

my stolen laptop is using my cellphone software to maliciously attack me through my address book. is there a way to disable this software or remove it from system?
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Professional, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual CPU E2220 @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 15 Stepping 13
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 4095 Mb
    Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce G100, 512 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 155243 MB, Free - 126243 MB; D: Total - 296530 MB, Free - 172037 MB; E: Total - 143341 MB, Free - 97070 MB;
    Motherboard: Acer, Aspire X1700
    Antivirus: None

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

What's the question?

3. worriedvictim

can i remove or disable the cellphone software on laptop to keep contacts secure? to avoidn any further malicious attacks from thief

4. 1002richards

1002richards Trusted Advisor

Hi,
    Have you looked in add / remove programmes? You might be able to do it from there. It might be a good time to change your passwords on your laptop, and banking websites etc in case any are also on your phone?

5. worriedvictim

he has the laptop containing the software im trying to protect. is there a way to disable or remove access to the information inside the program?

6. 1002richards

1002richards Trusted Advisor

Sorry I mis-read I thought the phone had been stolen whereas it's the laptop.

7. worriedvictim

anything i can do to remove information from or disable the software?

8. worriedvictim

please he has contacted my kids with malicious lies i need to stop this now from other contacts also listed in address book

9. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

No, there's nothing you can do. Even if you could somehow remotely connect to your stolen laptop, the thief has already seen and used the information. You can't erase his memory or burn every piece of paper in his house. He can call whoever he wants. However, harassment is a crime. If he's called your children, that means your phone company or wireless provider has a record of his phone number. File a police report.

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1061607