my comp all of a sudden shut off

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

erk8432

i bought a barebone pc a k7sem mb and an amd athlon xp 2000 with a cpu fan. About a week after it just shut off while i was a playing a game and it didnt turn back on after that. i think its the power supply but i dunnno

if any1 know whats up leave a replay

thx

Does anything come on when you press the power button?

Try reseting the power supply manually. There should be a black switch in the back of the power supply. Turn it off, wait a few seconds then turn it on again. Then try the power switch in the front.

If nothing happens, check the power cord. Make sure it's firmly in. Try plugging it in a different wall outlet too.

If still nothing comes on (no fans, no harddrive spinning up, etc.), then it's probably the power supply.

I saw the same problem on a computer before but when i opened it up and swiched it on a few lights came on, when I asked somebody the said it might be CMOS battery. They said with some motherboards when the CMOS battery runs out the motherboard wont work. I don't suggest taking it apart, leave it to the experts.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online