1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

my comp all of a sudden shut off

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by erk8432, Jan 25, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. erk8432

erk8432 Thread Starter

i bought a barebone pc a k7sem mb and an amd athlon xp 2000 with a cpu fan. About a week after it just shut off while i was a playing a game and it didnt turn back on after that. i think its the power supply but i dunnno

if any1 know whats up leave a replay

thx

2. JSanguancheu

JSanguancheu

Does anything come on when you press the power button?

Try reseting the power supply manually. There should be a black switch in the back of the power supply. Turn it off, wait a few seconds then turn it on again. Then try the power switch in the front.

If nothing happens, check the power cord. Make sure it's firmly in. Try plugging it in a different wall outlet too.

If still nothing comes on (no fans, no harddrive spinning up, etc.), then it's probably the power supply.

3. cwin2000

cwin2000

I saw the same problem on a computer before but when i opened it up and swiched it on a few lights came on, when I asked somebody the said it might be CMOS battery. They said with some motherboards when the CMOS battery runs out the motherboard wont work. I don't suggest taking it apart, leave it to the experts.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/115323

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice