1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My comp keep crashing why?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by earthsfate, Aug 13, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. earthsfate

earthsfate Thread Starter

Ok it all happen today when i was trying to play Guild Wars and surfing the internet at the same time when all of a sudden my comp just turns off. It never happen before. Then when i try turning on my comp again and logging in it shuts off again. I took a look inside my comp and everything seems to be fine. Also i checked my BIOS and nothing seem to be overheating. After i checked all that i try logging agian and everthing seems to be fine. I played cs source for awhile, watch some movies and played guild wars. Then i scanned my comp for any viruses and spyware and there was none. Then when i went to play gunbound it shutdown again after a min. So right now im going crazy! I dont know wats wrong. I built this comp myself and its been working fine till now. I had this comp for a year now.

My specs:
    -SAPPHIRE ATLANTIS RADEON 9600XT 256MB DDR AGP 4X/8X
    -OCZ Enhanced Latency 512MB 184-Pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Unbuffered System Memory Mirrored Platinum Heatspreader Model
    -DFI LANPARTY UT nF3 250Gb Socket 754 NVIDIA nForce3 250 ATX AMD Motherboard
    -AMD Athlon 64 3200+ Newcastle 800MHz FSB Socket 754 Processor
    -Western Digital Raptor WD740GD 74GB 10,000 RPM Serial ATA150 Hard Drive
    -TruePower 380Watt ATX12V Power Supply

plz help :(

2. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

Rebooting or turning off?
    you might try this http://hcidesign.com/memtest/download.html
    If it is turning off you probably are over heating, do you get anywarning before it turns off, slow response or a series of beeps maybe?

3. earthsfate

I get no warning at all. It just turns off and doesnt reboot untill today. It just rebooted when i was downloading something.

4. earthsfate

Could it be the psu? Is there a tool to diagnose or check the current amps on all the dc output lines?

5. Kyle015

Kyle015

mmmm... you could download a cpu temperature monitor or just check your bios once in a while to check your cpu and case temp.

It could be the power supply but usually the power supply box will make a popping sound and smoke will come out the back of your case if it is a bad power supply. However, your computer may be putting out more power than the power supply can handle. Not likely, though.

I had this problem a while ago and I found out I had a hardware virus in my cpu. I replaced it, and everything is back to normal. Don't do this yet though. Leave it as a last resort :).

6. loserOlimbs

loserOlimbs

You can go to Comp USA and buy a PSU tester for $10 dollars. I prefer this over any software test.

7. earthsfate

so far my comp been running no problem for 11hrs after i did a scandisk for bad sectors on my hard drive. i beleive that fixed the problem. well at least i hope so =X

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/390276

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice