1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My Comp Wont Turn On When My Printer Is Plugged In Via USB Cable

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by jagrad, Jul 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. jagrad

jagrad Thread Starter

I have a Lexmark all in one printer, scanner, copier X 1150 and I have it connected to my computer via USB cable and when I try to turn on my computer my computer won't like boot up or anything it just turns on and stays at some black screen so I was wondering if I could get some help

2. Dan O

Dan O

Try uninstalling it and reinstall it following the vendor's instructions very carefully.

3. jagrad

jagrad Thread Starter

I did that a bunch of times but it still wont work

4. Dan O

Dan O

Did you try it using Safe Mode (F8)?

5. JohnO28356

JohnO28356

What type USB connection? USB2.0? Is comp built with USB2.0, or are you using a card? I had the same prob with my USB 2.0 HD/enclosure running on a USB 2.0 PCI card. Windows loaded normally when the enclosure was not powered up. Have you tried it with the Lexmark connected but shut down? Also try connecting the Lexmark when comp is up and running after driver install, and check device manager for errors.

6. jagrad

jagrad Thread Starter

no I haven't im not to sure what kinda usb it is

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/148306

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice