1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

my computer automatically shutdown and cannot boot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by daviddeteo, Jan 15, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. daviddeteo

daviddeteo Thread Starter

I was playing gta then my pc automatically shutdown and turn back on but the screen did not turn on, the fan runs, the power light under ram light (green light) keep blinking, i tried to remove cmos battery for 20 minutes and put it back but that didnt help. This pc got the same problem for the first time but the power light doesnt blink because i overclock the pc to high, then i reset the cmos and it successfully boot. And now this is second time with power light blink. I havent tried cleaning the fan because i lost the vacuum. Who can help me solve this problem? I dont remember what motherboard is but i remember it's gigabite cpu, intel pentium 4 1,8ghz, 512 mb ram and i bought this pc 12 years ago

2. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    You were playing GTA in a 12-year old computer that has an Intel Pentium 4 1.80 GHz processor and 512 MB of RAM?

I'm surprised you were even able to install and play it.

-------------------------------------------------

3. Dougx789

Dougx789

He didn't say which GTA..

1,2,3, Vice City, San Andreas would play on that system.

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    He didn't say what "overclocking" he did with that dinosaur, so that may be part of the issue.

--------------------------------------------------------

5. daviddeteo

i play gta san andreas but due to the old video card (nvidia geforce2 mx 400/440 64mb), i have to set lowest screen resolution and low graphic so i can play softly. I overclock cpu to 300 so the screen didnt turn on but i solved it, now it happen again but no overclock

6. Dougx789

Dougx789

Was it OC at the time of the most recent crash?

If not how long has it been since it was OC'ed?

Do you have on-board graphics?
    Does the computer work if you pull out the video card and use the on-board graphics?

Do you have a spare PSU or one you can borrow?
    If so, switch out your current one and see if you can boot up.

7. daviddeteo

i overclocked last year, november. I dont have spare psu and dont have onboard graphic

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1117589

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice