'My Computer' Changed...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Gingeinneed

My My Computer Icon has changed. The changed appears to have occured since the instalation of game. The Icon now appears as the same image but a worse quality graphic a bit lighter (ill post a picture later). Any initial ideas? Could it be a virus?
I've read somewhere the icon is stored in shell32.dll Could it have been changed.

Some things i've tried:
System restore before the installation
Changing resolution

All other Icons appear normal. Also if I make a My Computer shortcut in a folder it appears as it normally does, It is just the top left of the folder opened when you open my computer, and the desktop icon. Any ideas?
Thanx,
Gingeinneed

Have you tried this... go into your desktop properties and under the desktop tab, click on customize desktop. Next select the icon for my computer and click the restore default button.

Gingeinneed

Yes I have, In the end I used TweakUI's repair function to get it back to normal, just wondering why it changed now

Jym

too late to find out now (because you've changed it back), but it was probably redirected in the registry to a different icon one of lower quality

Jym said:
too late to find out now (because you've changed it back), but it was probably redirected in the registry to a different icon one of lower quality
I heard that it could happen after installing a certain MS update... I forgot which one it was though.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online