1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

my computer crashed I need help

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by Robert1422, Jan 1, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Robert1422

Robert1422 Thread Starter

I downloaded a game for my wife then after wards my computer crashed. I was unable to restore the system. It keeps telling me that I need this cd file \Windows\system32\winload.exe. I would like to know if there is a way I could download this to my DVD or CD on my lap top computer so I could restart my wifes computer. This is a bad gift I got before 2011. I do hope you could help me with this problem please. I have Windows Vista home. thank you very much Robert:(

2. RaytheBear

RaytheBear

Have you tried booting your Wife's computer in Safe Mode?

3. Robert1422

I tried every thing i could think of and nothing worked. This statement keeps coming up that i need |windows\system32\winload.exe I am not that good on the computer. But I do know some things about it. If you could help it would really help.

4. RaytheBear

RaytheBear

1)What Operating Systme does you wife have? Does she have a OS system CD or DVD for her computer?

5. Robert1422

I am unable to boot at all just tried again

6. Robert1422

this is all I know she has Vista home Premium 1024 mb system 250GB hard drive also 120 Gb in pocket with Media drive super multi DVD burner Built in wireless 802.11 b/g does this help you

7. Robert1422

when we got the computer there was no cds with it or dvds like the old models had

8. Robert1422

I hope you could help me in this mater. I feel useless I always thought I could solve every problem for my wife we have been married 30 years now and here is something I can't solve. Thank you so much for trying to help me with this problem and Please have a Happy New Year to you and your family may God bless you thank you so much.

9. Robert1422

I got more information for you I dont know if this will help you or not my CPU is cores 2 specification AMD Athlon(tm) 64x2 dual core processor 4000+ hard drive is samsung sp25004c SCSI disk device if you need more information i will try to find it.

10. RaytheBear

RaytheBear

1)Is this a Laptop or desktop?
    2)The computer that you have, is it the same operating system as your wife's? and do you have CD or DVD OS?

11. Robert1422

I also did a Hardware Diagnostic tools test on my CPU and Memory also on my hard drive and basic test they all passed except my optical test because i did not have a data cd. But when I turn on the computer it still said to get a file \Windows\system32\winload.exe cd I am trying so hard to get this to work for my wife. But nothing seems to help

12. Robert1422

no my laptop is a dell she has a HP desk top computer

13. Robert1422

she has vista and I have windows 7 on my dell

14. Robert1422

I have no cds or os dvds

15. RaytheBear

RaytheBear

Ok, since her machine is slightly older she must have a partioned drive where here backup/files are stored, on my laptop when I first bought it, it had the normal C: drive and the D: drive was for restoring, etc.
    Does she have a manual on how to access this drive?
    If not, you will have to go to the HP site with her Make and Model number and download the manual and find out how to Boot to her D: drive (or whatever letter her files are stored.)

You can maybe try something from one of these links from Google:

http://www.google.ca/search?q=windo...s=org.mozilla:en-GB:official&client=firefox-a

Well that is all I can think of on this subject, I am sure that once the Holliday celebrations are over, more experienced members than myself or a Moderator will come along to help you more.

Best of wishes for the New Year to you and your wife.
    Ray

16. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/971923

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice