My computer crashes after I installed a new GPU

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Bolter2000

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Build 18363, Installed 20190818210843.000000-420
Processor: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5-1620 v2 @ 3.70GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 62 Stepping 4, CPU Count: 8
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: Radeon RX 590 Series
Hard Drives: C: 222 GB (35 GB Free); F: 931 GB (101 GB Free); G: 465 GB (154 GB Free);
Motherboard: Hewlett-Packard 1589, ver 0.00, s/n 2UA34626ZR
System: Hewlett-Packard, ver HPQOEM - 1072009, s/n 2UA34626ZR
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

So, on Christmas I received a new GPU the Radeon sapphire pulse Rx 590 8GB. I followed your upgrade guide and bought the correct adapters for the GPU and PSU since I wanted to supply enough power for the card. All started well with my computer turning on and booting correctly, until I started playing a game (Dawn of war Soulstorm) which is not very demanding, and about 15 minutes in my screen froze and the sound continued. I tried to alt-tab and Crtl-Alt-Del with no success the only solution was to turn my computer on and off again and let it boot. I thought maybe it was my drivers, installation, voltage, etc with nothing working except for underclocking my GPU and majorly pumping up my fan speed. This worked and is still working but I want to figure out why it is still crashing when my voltage is at 0 not -5. I have put my GPU in my grandpa's gaming rig and it works great with normal; temps and extra smooth performance. I placed his RX 570 8GB into my PC and had the same issue

My Pc Specs
Hpz420
Xeon E5 1620 v2 3.6-3.8 ghz
Rx 590 8GB
16gb DDR3 ram 1333Mhz
600 watt psu Thermaltake
stock motherboard.

P.S
I have put my GPU in my grandpa's gaming rig and it works great with normal; temps and extra smooth performance. I placed his RX 570 8GB into my PC and had the same issue where it would crash. I tried multiple games on higher and higher graphic settings and found stable and great performance on his pc on default settings; while mine was barely holding on with higher cooling. I switched PSU to check if that would work and no change so it is not the PSU, cooling, and I have tried different PCIE 16x slots to no avail. Previously I had a RX 560 4gb in the system.
What is the issue? Thanks.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online