my computer crashes

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

tdq

originaly, my computer was a 1000mghz athlon with 512 RAM. one day the processor broke and was temporary replaced by a 266mghz. I didn't expect too much from this crappy processor and i was surprised to see how well it was doing... until i tried to play movies. whenever i try, my computer restarts.

i'm stuck with this processor for some weeks and i was wondering if there was something i could do without buying anything

Go into Control Panel / System/ Advanced. Select the "Startup & Recovery" Settings button, and under System Failure unselect "Automatically Restart".

Now you will hopefully see the BSOD Msg that crashes the system. Report back with what you find out.

tdq

there was a blue sreen saying that there was a problem with the file win32k.sys
then there was
PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
after there was a text saying i should check the new things i installed and so on...
finaly there was informations about some things...
*** STOP 0X00000050 (0XFFFFFF89, 0X00000000, 0XBF13C2D, 0X00000000)
*** win32k.sys - Address BF813C2Dbase at BF8000000, Datestamp 411033af
that's all

Are you running win2k?

If so you will need to install the latest service pack. The original win32.sys file is buggy and the service pack will bring it back up to par.

I hope this helps.
rockin'male :cool:

It would be helpful to us if you would tell us what operating system your using. There's no way of knowing if you dont tell us.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online