1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My computer doesn't start properly.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by rabanne, Mar 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rabanne

rabanne Thread Starter

everytime i shut down my comp, when i turn it on again i get an error message that says 'insert boot disk' on the startup screen. i'm not sure what the exact message was, but it was something about boot disk :confused: i should have written it down :mad:
    anyway, i turned the comp off, and shook the CPU a bit and then tried again and it started. I did a virus scan and everythings clear.
    :eek: i don't know much about these things lol so doing the virus scan must sound a little silly..

so then anyway, i had to turn the computer off again and then when i switched it on i got the same error message. i pushed the off button and then put it on again and it worked. how do i prevent getting the error?

2. Dude044

Dude044

Hi rabanne , post the error message to give people abit more info on the problem.

3. rabanne

rabanne Thread Starter

Okay, I got the error again. It says : BOOT FROM ATAPI CD

4. Crack

Crack

Just a shot in the dark but it sounds like your machine is trying to boot from the cd rom. If you know how, go to the bios and set the boot order to floppy first (if you have one) then to the hard drive second.

5. rabanne

rabanne Thread Starter

uuhh, i don't know how to do all that o_O

my comps even started to freeze now >.<

it froze and then after a while a blue screen came up and i managed to write this down :

KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR

STOP : 0X0000007A (0XC03F14D8, 0XC000000E, 0XFCF36000, 0X05E62860)

win32k.sys - address BF89F701 base at BF800000, datestamp 41107f7a

6. rabanne

rabanne Thread Starter

/hopes noone forgets that i'm still here :p

7. hughwyeth

hughwyeth

to get into ur bios, when pc starts up, press 'del' (or maybe and 'f...' button, depends on ur motherboard), then go throught the options by scrolling with the arrows. i cant tell u where itll be,cos i dont have ur motherboard. try and find something like boot sequence or similar, and the change the order accordingly

8. hughwyeth

hughwyeth

oh yeah, do you know what type of hard drive u have?? if its a s-ata, then that sprobably the problem. i had a similar problem, and it was the sata drive. i installed windows on an ide hard drive (an older type of hard drive) and its fine now

9. rabanne

rabanne Thread Starter

the problems getting REALLY bad now my comp is freezing ALOT and i have to turn the main switch on and off and keep repeating untill it starts =/
    i went and i changed the thingie from CDROM to FLOPPY but i still got the error. so i changed it back to CDROM again.
    the comp just started by fluke now i guess, PLEASE help me!!

10. hughwyeth

hughwyeth

The way u have to keep pressing the on button over and over to get the pc started suggests that ur power supply is busted (same thing happened 2 me)
    I cant really help u otherwise. Do u know if ur Hard drive is s-ata? Otherwise, go to microsoft.com and go to the support centre. in the top right, it should have a search box. type in the problem, with all of the error message, and it should tell u whats wrong.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/345589

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice