1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

my computer doesnt start!!!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by groovy_guy36, Feb 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. groovy_guy36

groovy_guy36 Thread Starter

The other day, my girlfriend used the computer to do all her daily activities (email, bank accounts and all that jazz) and shut down the computer. When i went to restart after i got home from work I was rewarded with a series of loud beeps coming from the internal speaker. Nothing came on the screen, nothing seemed to work. So I did what every self respecting computer geek would do. I ripped the sucker apart and starded again from scratch. I again got the beeps. Thinking it was my hard drive that crashed or some other major thing. I unplugged it, and rebooted. This time I got the screen where it starts to detect the masters and slaves and all that stuff. I unplugged my cd roms and tried plugging in my hard drive on the Secondary IDE this time, and it booted up no problem, only now I have no cd roms. so now i plugged in my cd roms off of my Primary IDE, and nothing started up again. So again i rebooted but plugged in my Hard drive and my cd burner on my secondary ide, with my cd rom off of my Primary IDE, nothing again. I decided to unplug my cd rom and just use the burner and the hard drive, and this is how i am typing this request for help.

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong with my computer, i am stumped. I phoned the place i got my computer from and the tech guy was stumped. Maybee you guys have some more inspirational ideas.

Thanks

2. n2gun

n2gun

Have you checked the bios to make sure the primary is still set to detect the hard drive. It is possible that it may have changed.

Also do you know what bios you have (AMD< Pheonix,etc.)?

Knowing that plus what the code it is sending you would help.

count the beeps and post back. count them as long and short as they may vary in length.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/117943

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice