1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My Computer error. Could not be completed.

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Karma_, Feb 8, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Karma_

Karma_ Thread Starter

Hi, I just built a new computer, and it's running XP Pro 64-bit. It ran fine for the first week, but now I'm getting a problem everytime I open "My Computer". Instead of showing my drives, it does the search animation. After a minute or two, it will either find all the drives, or it will say something like "This operation could not be completed because (something) is being used by another program." and gives me two options: "Retry", or "Switch To". When I click "Switch To" it opens my "Start" menu.

A (possibly) related problem is when I open IE, I get shown a set-up menu, but when I click "Save Changes" the webpage hangs. I can bypass this and use the internet fine though. Also, my computer randomly hangs sometimes when playing games.

I'm pretty disappointed with all these errors on what was supposed to be my fresh computer... Any help is appreciated.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/681063