My Computer freezes and wont let me Restart or Shut Down....

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

DCTecher

Hello!

So my computer has been acting very weird lately. During use, programs will freeze and I wont be able to click anything. However, I can still move the mouse but when I try to restart or Shut Down, Windows will close the open apps but when I click Restart or Shut Down, it does nothing. I was think that it was a CPU heat issue but from what I've read, my CPU and GPU are running at the temps they they should. I feel like this is another issue.

I even tried reinstalling Windows 10 a few times and that also didn't rectify the issue. So my guess is that it may be a hardware issue. Maybe a faulty CPU or some BIOS config that I accidentally changed but I'm completely stumped. Any help would be much appreciated. My Temps are in the performance monitor in purple at the time of the post.

CPU-GPU temps.pngMy CPU GPU temps.png

DCTecher

Oh I forgot to say that I am currently updating drivers. I read this somewhere and decided to try it.

DCTecher

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.9

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit, Build 19043, Installed 20210723145517.000000-240
Processor: AMD Ryzen 5 2600X Six-Core Processor, AMD64 Family 23 Model 8 Stepping 2, CPU Count: 12
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070

Hard Drives: C: 465 GB (416 GB Free); D: 931 GB (591 GB Free); E: 4657 GB (1677 GB Free); F: 7451 GB (803 GB Free); J: 2794 GB (1292 GB Free);

Motherboard: Micro-Star International Co., Ltd. B450M GAMING PLUS (MS-7B87), ver 1.0, s/n J316523694
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n To be filled by O.E.M.
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online