1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My computer goes haywire at times

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by qqkkiixx, Sep 18, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. qqkkiixx

qqkkiixx Thread Starter

I have windows 2K professional. It runs ok for awhile then bam! the cursor starts flying all over the screen and programs start opening and closing. This goes on for about 3 minutes, then it stops. Could someone tell me how to fix this problem.

2. BillC

BillC

The behavior of your computer must get your day going! Alas, I can not tell you what is wrong but it seems to me you may have a virus causing this problem. The first thing I'd do is a virus scan.

If you have a antivirus program, update it's definitions and run a scan. If you don't have a antivirus scan, you can do one online at TrendMicro's HouseCall. See if that reveals anything.

3. qqkkiixx

qqkkiixx Thread Starter

I have norton anti virus 2003 and I have tried micro trend online. Neither detected anything

4. dai

dai

run spybot and adaware

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/165646

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice