1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

MY computer has gone slow

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by NicolaJane, Oct 7, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. NicolaJane

NicolaJane Thread Starter

Just wondering if there is anything i can do to make my computer run faster.. it used to be very fast but not has slown down immensly. The boot up takes about 7minutes when it usually took around 2.. I have downloaded hijackthis and if anyone could look at the log i would be grateful

2. buddhafabio

buddhafabio

3. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
    Nicola:

Click the link below and read the article, "MSCONFIG - Reduce Your Startup Load". The link that Buddha gave you is in the article, along with 3 other links.

This site is geared towards improving computer performance and making a computer run better, so you might consider reading some of the other articles.

Frank's Windows 95/98 Tips

4. moebius

moebius

search for and download freemem pro, its a pay software but worth it, i use it! and reduce startup load, run spybot search and destry to remove spyware <<all softwares can be found at www.download.com >>

5. gotrootdude

gotrootdude

Freeram does the same thing, plus it's free.
    http://www.bysoft.com/freeram.html

Also, reduce the startup programs, clean the registry, defrag the machine, listen for sounds from the hard drive as the drive could be going bad.

Scan for spyware, the number one reason... :rolleyes:

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/170109

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice