1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My Computer icon loading extremely slow, internet icon in network settings is gone

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by mystic54, Nov 23, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mystic54

mystic54 Thread Starter

Ok, this just happened recently and I don't know what is causing it. I'll try to give u a brief overview of the situtation I'm in. XP used to be on my D driver (74gigs), it got screwed up (BSOD) at the time, I didn't know as much computers, so I installed XP to my C driver (4 gigs). This has worked pretty fine up until when SP2 was released. I can't install SP2 because XP takes up about 4 gigs by itself. Without SP2 I just have been running some extra firewalls so compensate.

Well about 4 days ago, I noticed whenever I open up my computer it takes like 7 or 8 seconds before the hard drivers appear. Then I went into network connections to look at my internet icon (to check the settings). I opened it up and nothing was there. The only thing there was on the far left it was asking me if I wanted to setup a network ( my internet is working on all the computers). I have ran 2 different spyware scans and found nothing, ran mcaffee scans and nothing. I can't restore my computer because all the restores got deleted when I was trying to free space on my drives.

Where do I go, usually I can solve tech problems but I mean this is beyond weird? What do I do first, if you need more information just ask because I really need some advice.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/419408

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice