1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My computer is acting up

Discussion in 'Web & Email' started by shayshay211, Sep 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. shayshay211

shayshay211 Thread Starter

I seem to be having a problem with accessing a particular website. Its cartoonnetwork.com. I seem to have no probs for a few hours then it starts movin real slow or doesnt connect to the site at all. I cant play the card game on there or veiw auctions. I press ctrl +alt+ del and it my computer usage jumps from like 2 to 4 all the way to 89 99, is this bad. I also seem to have three times the popups now. and thought mabey i have an unwanted guest. I ran norton antivirus and it says no infections. but i read alot of posts here and understand that doesnt necessarily means anything. Im learning my computer now so anyone that helps me please be patient with me. I have win xp, a dell, and dsl,if anyone helps i would really really appreciate it. thanks ahead of time.

2. bilnrobn

bilnrobn

First Name:
    Bill
    Go to http://spybot.eon.net.au/index.php?lang=en&page=download and download SpyBot. Then click on "Search for updates" and download them. Then search for problems. When SpyBot has finished get it to delete everything it checks in red.
    Suggest you also do this...
    In Internet Explorer Click Tools/Internet Options then click on the Pricacy tab and click the Advanced button. Now click on "Override automatic cookie handling" then in "First-party Cookies" click "Prompt" and in "Third-party Cookies" click "Block". You could also click the "Always allow session Cookies" box.
    Run SpyBot periodically to check for spyware. I run mine after every internet session.

3. shayshay211

shayshay211 Thread Starter

The problem with the web site seems to be the web site itself and not my computer. But i did download that spybot. And lo and behold I had a bunch of spyware on my computer. It fixed most of it but the rest it said it couldnt fix until after a startup. Thanks a bunch. Even though it didnt fix it all, there is definitly a marked decrease in my pop ups. Thank a Bunch!!!!!:D

4. brindle

brindle

Here's a good online virus scan.

You also might want to post your HiJack This log in the security forum for one of the experts to look at. After you have run Spybot and AdAware and housecall you can be sure your running a clean machine.

If you need more info or directions on posting your HiJack This log please just ask.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/168345

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice