my computer is always roaring! halp!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

chiggz29

i decided recently to give my computer a little upgrade. I went out and purchased quite a decent Nvidia graphics card (EN210 GeForce210 512MB) and and extra 2GB DDR2 ram to add up to 4GB

but my CPU usage is quite high most of the time and always makes this roaring sound even when im doing basic stup like watching streaming flash videos and playing flash games!

its have seriously become extremely annoying. is it because my video card is too powerful for my motherboard?. what are my options? buying a crappy video card?

Or is it because my RAM is too powerful? if that makes sense.. (from 4gb i have removed 2gb)

here is my computer specs:

Main Circuit Board b
Board: ASUSTeK Computer INC. Berkeley 1.xx
Serial Number: MS1C7AR70501076
Bus Clock: 333 megahertz
BIOS: American Megatrends Inc. 5.11 09/27/2007

Processor a
2.33 gigahertz Intel Core2 Duo
64 kilobyte primary memory cache
4096 kilobyte secondary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (2 total)

Memory Modules c,d
2048 Megabytes Usable Installed Memory

Slot 'DIMM0' has 2048 MB
Slot 'DIMM1' is Empty
Slot 'DIMM2' is Empty
Slot 'DIMM3' is Empty

Not hyper-threaded

thanks for the help!

Frank4d

Retired Trusted Advisor
Can you provide the motherboard model number? (Serial number doesn't help for Asus products). Also, what is your operating system?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts