1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My computer is not booting correctly

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by petey32, Feb 12, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. petey32

petey32 Thread Starter

I'm running windows 7 on my PC and one day it just stops booting normally and gives me the BSOD, i checked the VGA cable i checked the RAM for any faulty duds and i also checked if anything was unplugged or out of its place. i ran in safe mode with CMD and did a sfc /scannow it returned successfull then i ran DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /Scanhealth it returned in a handy log file as found 95 errors fixed 89 of them. As far as i can tell it's not a hardware error and i cant really say it's a software error because of my lack of experience right now im stuck any help?

extra journal i made while diagnosing errors: http://pastebin.com/gRPLs7NS

was just checking out the sys info and found this in the problem devices tab:
    Device: Security Processor Loader Driver
    PNP Device ID: ROOT\LEGACY_SPLDR\0000
    Error Code: This device is not present, is not working properly, or does not have all its drivers installed

Last edited: Feb 12, 2017
  2. managed

managed Allan

Can you post what it says on the BSOD ? If it only appears for an instant in the Safe Mode menu select 'Disable automatic restart on system failure' then the BSOD should remain onscreen.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1185246