My computer is "throwing out" more air than usual...

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Gustavv

And of course making more noise, it started happening after a Windows Update (the fans of my PC always run faster when a update is ready for some reason) was installing (while shutting down) but the thing is the update failed or crashed, it stayed at 70% for around 5 hours (I left the pc on at night thinking it would shut down itself after the update, as usual). Then in the next days I did install the updates and it went alright, but I still have the fans problem...

I have also cleaned it from the inside and checked for malware.

managed

Allan
You could check in the Bios for a setting that controls how often the fan comes on. It might have changed if the Cmos battery is low voltage.

What make and model computer is it ? Laptop or Desktop ? If self built what motherboard is it ?

Also please run this and paste the result into your next reply :- http://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe

Gustavv

HP Pavilion Slimline s5730y Desktop PC

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
Processor: AMD Phenom(tm) II X2 511 Processor, AMD64 Family 16 Model 6 Stepping 3
Processor Count: 2
RAM: 3839 Mb
Graphics Card: ATI Radeon 3000 Graphics, 256 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 701731 MB, Free - 298468 MB; D: Total - 13569 MB, Free - 1654 MB;
Motherboard: FOXCONN, 2AB7
Antivirus: avast! Antivirus, Updated and Enabled

managed

Allan
Ok, I have to go now, if I think of anything I'll post it later.

managed

Allan
Thanks, those temps look reasonable.

Let's see how they look when the Cpu is at 100%, please download Prime95 64 bit :- http://www.majorgeeks.com/mg/get/prime95,2.html

Unzip and run the prime95.exe file, Options > Torture test, select the top test. Open HWMonitor and watch the Cpu temps, when they stop rising take another screenshot and post it please.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online