1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My computer keeps crashing

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by davidselt, May 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. davidselt

davidselt Thread Starter

Both sticks I'm using passed test.

2. black-wolf

black-wolf

3. davidselt

davidselt Thread Starter

4. davidselt

davidselt Thread Starter

My HDD is a Crucial SSD

5. black-wolf

black-wolf

This indicates a driver problem. When you installed your video card drivers did you do the following:
    Uninstall all related programs from "Programs and Features".
    Unistall driver from Device Manager.
    Do Not Reboot at this point
    Install new drivers and catalyst software
    reboot if prompted.

6. davidselt

davidselt Thread Starter

I did a ezpress uninstall all from program and features. Then uninstalled drivers and deleted them from device manager. I went to ati site and downloaded the 12.4 64 bit version of catalyst. The pc crashed during install then locked up at windows welcome screen. I did a manual reboot ctrl-alt-del. It started fine I went through the entire process again. uninstalled from program and features, uninstalled and deleted drivers from device manager. Installed 12.4 win 7 64 caalyst and rebooted. waiting to see if I crash again.

7. black-wolf

black-wolf

Let us know.

8. davidselt

davidselt Thread Starter

I am thinking I have the rare Cpu issue. The computer just crashed again during the windows index rating on the ( assessing cpu performance) test. It also crashed when I ran a stress test on the cpu. I think AMD gave me a bad thubian 6 core processor. I could still be wrong and appreciate you taking the time to help me. I am still open to any suggestions :)

9. black-wolf

black-wolf

Try running in safemode and see if it crashes, if it does it will probably be hardware related.

10. davidselt

davidselt Thread Starter

This may be a dumb rookie question but how do I run index rating in safemode? I do not have the option as seen in screen print.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/10373044@N04/7166154394/

11. black-wolf

black-wolf

12. davidselt

davidselt Thread Starter

Test was good, have not crashed so far in a day. played WoW yesterday. Still unable to run windows index ratubg. Having an issue installing service pack 1 for windows 7 as well, but all else seems fine. Furmark ran a test on my video card, the cpu test I was unable to find as of yet.

13. black-wolf

black-wolf

14. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1052077