1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My Computer Keeps Crashing

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by SoundsofSand, Mar 21, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. SoundsofSand

SoundsofSand Thread Starter

I was working on an audio project in Audacity and my computer just freaked out. It's turning weird colors and acting very strangely. Any suggestions on what I can try? I'm attaching some photos of what I'm seeing.

IMG_0671.JPG IMG_0675.JPG IMG_0677 2.JPG

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
    Did you solve the freezing problem in your other thread ? If so how ?

This latest problem looks like a Graphics card or Ram issue. Check they are fully down into their respective sockets on the motherboard.

What components are in the PC ?

3. SoundsofSand

I ended up "Booting from last good configuration" and it worked fine after.

I just tried a system restore to 1 day ago. We'll see if this solves the problem.

4. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    Ok, good luck !

5. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    Is it fixed now ?

6. SoundsofSand

Same problems have started again. Computer will randomly stop working and reboot. Upon starting back up, colors and weird images like the ones in photos above are still showing up. Recommendations on what I can try to diagnose and fix the issue?

7. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    Try re-seating the Graphics card and the Ram into their sockets on the motherboard.

8. SoundsofSand

This issue started right after I downloaded the latest versions of Quicktime and Apple. A website I read said:
    "Graphics card drivers can be fickle. If they’re outdated, they can cause issues when playing more modern games. If the graphics card is old, newer drivers can do more harm than good for system stability. Sometimes you’ll have a very recent graphics card and up-to-date drivers, and your computer will still crash regardless!"

Does that change anything as far as how to diagnose this? I'll have to look up how to deal with motherboard components as it's been 10 years since I've taken a class on the insides of computers.

9. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    It looks like a hardware problem to me but you can try updating or rolling back drivers if you wish.

EDIT : if you get the chance please run this on it and paste the output text into your reply :-
    https://static.techguy.org/download/SysInfo.exe

10. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!