1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

my computer keeps freezing before windows comes up

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by fatherg00se, Jul 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fatherg00se

fatherg00se Thread Starter

when i go to boot up my computer it would freeze.....if i unplug it for awhile then plug it back in, it would boot up again just not for too long......it seem to be getting worse, cause now my screen isn't comming up....my screen says the computer put the monitor in stand-by mode.....i really need help!!!!!

2. happyrck

happyrck

sounds like a heat issue....unplug the computer from the wall...remove case side cover and blow out any dust bunnies and be sure the CPU heatsink is cleaned...you can use a can of compressed air to do it with...be static safe...ground yourself to bare metal insise the case before touching anything....then leave the side cover off and plug it back in...make sure all the fans are working...try that and post back with the results

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/486579

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice