1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My computer keeps restarting before the NORMAL login

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by TheLambinator, Jan 2, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheLambinator

TheLambinator Thread Starter

i was playing minecraft when suddenly y computer freezes and it begins to restart. at that point i thought maybe: "oh, minecraft crashed my computer". but little to my knowledge it was worse than that.

I have an ASUS G50vt, and it has always run pretty good and i have the rare problem, but nothing this bad.

i can boot in safe mode so i deduced that is might not be the hadware
    then i thought that it could be java, so i uninstalled minecraft and all files related, then i went to uninstall java but i realized that i cant when in SAFE MODE.

ive tried the javara thing and still nothing and i even made it to where my computer wont restart when it crashes.

i dont want to have to reinstall my OS, so if anyone can help me so it dosent have to come to that it would be amazing

2. etaf

etaf Moderator

First Name:
    Wayne
    have you tried a restore while in safemode
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

Restore PC to an Earlier Date & Time

Go Start>>All Programs>>Accessories>>System Tools>>System Restore

• Click in the radio button Choose a different restore point
    • Click Next
    • put a tick in Show more restore points
    • Pick a Date before this happened
    • Click Next
    This should restore the PC to that time & date

you may need to use safemode to do the restore. As the PC starts keep tapping F8 - a menu will appear - choose safemode

windows 7
    http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/700-system-restore.html
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1083350

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice