Solved My computer keeps restarting

Maxmallinson

Unfortunately your screenshots are not showing the requested voltages ie 12V, 5V, and 3.3V. As I said, I never use msi boards so I am not familiar with the software. It appears that on the voltage readings, you can slide the bar down and that will probably show the needed voltages. If not, you can check with something like hwinfo64 however it is best to use the software designed for your motherboard rather than a third party program.
Does this help? 1621181545884.png
1621181599532.png

crjdriver

Your screenshots are rather difficult to read however the second one shows the 12V rail and if that was under a load, then the pw supply is OK and you need a video card.

Maxmallinson

Your screenshots are rather difficult to read however the second one shows the 12V rail and if that was under a load, then the pw supply is OK and you need a video card.
So we are pretty sure it's a GPU failure then. As since I have removed the GPU I have had no issues at all.

Tanis

Shane
Agreed, voltages still look good and steady so would seem like a GPU issue.

Maxmallinson

Well, thanks for the help guys! Super helpful and great site to come and get some advice from, I learnt a lot and have more knowledge myself.
Your pw supply looks fine so yes, you probably need a new video card.
Well, thanks for the help guys! Super helpful and great site to come and get some advice from, I learnt a lot and have more knowledge myself.

Maxmallinson

Agreed, voltages still look good and steady so would seem like a GPU issue.

Maxmallinson

UPDATE: turns out it was the PSU after all. Decide to get a new PSU and try it. Everything load ds up fine and no issues or restarts. @Tanis

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online