My computer never came with an install cd, now the Windows key does not work.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

mitts2010

OK, so I bought a used laptop from a sale from a major corporation. It came with a legitimate activation key for XP Pro. So I needed to do a reinstall, and since I do not have the disk, I used anther one. It won't exept the legitimate product key so now I'm stuck using a illegal one...I don't know what to do? How do I switch over, it won't take the key?

mitts2010

I don't know what's going on, but I'm using an illegal product key and it just passed Windows Genuine Advantage...so maybe I should just keep it?

Sorry. We can't be of any assistance with this problem for reasons that should be obvious.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts