1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

'My computer' not showing most drives?

Discussion in 'Windows Vista' started by lissahxox, Mar 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lissahxox

lissahxox Thread Starter

Okay, first of all, I went to 'my computer' the other day, and it wasn't separated into it's normal categories. I don't remember what they were, but one of them was 'devices with removable storage'. No matter what, even if something wasn't plugged in, it still showed the drives.
    Now all I see is C:, D:, a CD I have plugged in, I'm guessing my printer, and something else I don't know what it is.

I plug my memory card into the slot, and it is not detected at all. It doesn't show up, and it doesn't ping as detected. I tried another memory card, and that doesn't work either.

Please don't ask me stupid questions :( It worked one day, and the next it didn't. I didn't touch anything, I didn't install anything, I even reformatted my memory card and lost EVERYTHING on it, hoping that would do the trick, but it didn't.

Can you please tell me how to make it show, and why my computer isn't showing all the drives and such anymore? Thanks

EDIT: I just plugged my phone in through a front usb, and it showed up. The J: drive popped up and allowed me to do what I wanted with it, and then when I Safely removed it, the drive disappeared. Why doesn't it stay there?
    Also, I noticed that I always "EJECT" my memory card, instead of 'safely removing' them, does that matter?
    Melissa

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/908274

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice