My computer randomly crashes after i installed a new gpu

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

fastfoxblox

I'm about 90% sure that the random crashes are a result of either my graphics card or my hard drive. i recently bought a new card (gtx 1060 6gb) aswell as a hard drive to store games on. after these 2 events, crashes start happening at random points in time. when the computer crashes, i dont think it's due to a particular application running or anything because the first time it crashed i was playing need for speed heat (a very graphically demanding game) and thought that might've been the problem. however, when it crashed again i was only on chrome. the crashes result in a black screen with no ability to move the mouse, aswell as all my computer fans running at 100% speed. this made me think that my pc was overheating but when i checked the temperature, the pc was barely hot.
thanks for taking the time to help :D

OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit, Build 18362, Installed 20191101050254.000000+060
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-7400 CPU @ 3.00GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 9, CPU Count: 4
Total Physical RAM: 16 GB
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 6GB
Hard Drives: C: 237 GB (24 GB Free); D: 931 GB (440 GB Free);
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd. H110M-H-CF, ver x.x, s/n Default string
System: American Megatrends Inc., ver ALASKA - 1072009, s/n Default string
Antivirus: Windows Defender, Enabled and Updated

Can you post the brand and model name or number of the PSU.

To try and rule out the GPU as the cause, have you tried leaving the new hard drive connected, removing the new add on GPU from the MB and using the appropriate video port on the MB to see if the PC still has issues.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online