1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

my computer records

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by fadingdream, Apr 25, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. fadingdream

fadingdream Thread Starter

hi ther ..will her is the problem ..after doing a random search on my computer i found that my computer records every thing that i do..including pictures from websites that been visited before..what should i do to fix that.

the other thing..when i run photoshop cs my computer slowes down..and photoshop becomes slower..and when i switch to image ready..it will freez for some time before it runs again..what should i do.

plz help with clear steps how to fix these problems.
    **some one told me that i should move photoshop to a diffrent drive becouse w xp and photoshop runs on the same volume..is that tru..and if that is tru how should i do that and wher should i move it to.

2. Rockn

Rockn

WHat's the name of the spy program? Does it show up in Add/Remove programs?

3. buck52

buck52 Banned

;)

4. deHakkelaar

deHakkelaar

Don't fix , that's probably you'r Internet Explorer cash & improves loading time of web pages.

Have you tried searching this forum , thats what its made for :
    http://forums.techguy.org/t212024&highlight=PhotoShop+speed.html
    & many more

Try the software section because this is probably not HARDWARE related !

5. Triple6

Triple6 Moderator

First Name:
    Rob
    As mentioned this is normal Windows to keep track of what you've done and accessed, this is done for to assist you. However there's also alot of malicous programs that do this as well and send this information to a person or company to build a database about you or consumers.

Internet cache, History, Cookies can be cleared through Internet Option under Tools in Internet Explorer. More comprehensive programs can be downloaded off the web to clean all tracks of your habits. Try Download.com for trials or free programs. For Spyware, Adaware removal get Adaware and Spybot, also available from www.downloads.com , but make sure you update each one from within the program before scanning. You also want to be protected from viruses, www.grisoft.com offers a free antivirus program called AVG and you cn do free online scans at www.trend.com and www.symantec.com for second opinions.

As for slowing down, that could be attributed to spyware/adware/viruses. Its also caused be a lack of resources due to running too many programs at startup or simulatenously. For opinions on your startup download Hijackthis from the above mentioned site and post a log, don't fix anything with Hijackthis though.

You also haven't posted any information about your computer, those are large programs you are running and they are demanding. How much RAM do you have and how fast is your CPU?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223649

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice