1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

my computer sends but dosent receive internet packets

Discussion in 'Networking' started by markdowek, Aug 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. markdowek

markdowek Thread Starter

Aug 20, 2012
    i have a avraetec 2200 sereis wich has a amd turion65 processer with windows xp professional and one day the internet didnt work and i looked at the activity it said aquiring network adress and it said sending packets but not receiving and its not a problem with wireless because i conected directlty to the modem and i had the same probem and also there are other devices conected to the modem and they have no problem please help dont want to buy new computer
  2. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

Mar 23, 2005
    Do you have McAfee and it updated "one day"?

Open a (black) Command Prompt window:
    Hold the Windows logo key and press r; in the Run box type cmd and click on OK.

Type the following command:

[Note that there is no space between the slash and ALL.]

Right click in the command window and choose Select All, then hit Enter.
    Paste the results in a message here.

If necessary use a text file and removable media to copy the results to a computer with internet access.
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1065806