1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My computer should be good!

Discussion in 'Games' started by Vega_034, Jul 9, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Vega_034

Vega_034 Thread Starter

Yeah here is my set up, And it's having a hard time on min settings:

Windows Vista Ultimate 64-bit SP1
    Asus M2n-SLIDeluxe
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ 3.15 GHz
    6 Gb ram
    MSI GeForce 9600 GT 1GB 256-bit GDDR3

So yeah, Not only that, but I've been having crashes like you wouldn't believe. I just updated all my drivers and they are all good. Any hits or suggestions you could throw my way?

2. Vega_034

Vega_034 Thread Starter

Crysis on min settings is what I meant.

3. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    What sort of crashes?

blue screen, full system lockup, graphics crashes?

4. robohawk

robohawk

sounds like your system is too powerful but maybe other problems,have you gone into sys config and disable unnecessary startup items,also you can try this but i dont know if it will help or not,start- control panel- system and maintanance- performance and information tools- adjust visual affects- choose for performance try that if not try for backround services,if system is still too strong try running at 2gig ram

5. Tanis

Tanis

First Name:
    Shane
    Cant say I have ever heard of a system being too powerful, and certainly not as far as Crysis is concerned as its a very demanding game.

If you are using the most up to date GeForce drivers try rolling back a few versions too see if it makes any difference, go one version at a time and test it. It not uncommon for the latest versions of any drivers to have problems, they cant possibly fully test them on all possible setup combinations.

Have you checked for heat issues? Try running Speedfan or something similar to monitor CPU, Harddrive, System, GPU temperatures etc and see how they go when idle and under load.

6. sup2a

sup2a

for sure, give speedfan a go, it sounds a LOT like overheating, APPARENTLY (i dont believe it) these no system that can play crysis on max settings at 100fps (or something like that) ive seen systems with core 2 extremes and quad SLi all that stuff run crysis smoothly, there's no such thing as a system that's TOO good (as far as im concerned) the only thing i would say is over kill is the 6Gb RAM but that should be fine, try letting it run on 4 though just to see if it changes. The graphics card is certainly not too good for crysis many people (and by many im talking a few) run crysis on 8800s in SLi. Yeah give the drivers a go but make sure you download from the manufacturer's site

7. jsparky77

jsparky77

go here: http://www.ea.com/crysis/home.jsp
    click on the "can you run it" button.
    see if your computer passes.

Also, how many watts is your power supply?? your computer looks powerful so your supply may not be able to keep up with the demand for power.

If it does pass and your power supply is ok, i would have to agree with the overheating.

8. Danielvt

Danielvt

how much Harddisc space do you got left? might be because u are totaly filled

9. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/728947

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice