1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My computer sounds like its getting ready for takeoff!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by valley, Jun 1, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. valley

valley Thread Starter

Every so often, my computer makes the same type of noise like an airplane does when it speeds up for takeoff. I have a Dell and its not even a year old yet. I leave it on for most of the day and shut it down at night.

Could it be that its not getting enough air and is overheating or something like that? Its a new problem that I've never has happen before. Its been happening for about a month now, about once a day, sometimes twice.

any ideas?

2. norton850

norton850

I would think that the two things most likely to sound like that would be the power supply fan or the CDROM drive (or the equivalent). Putting your ear near the case would help since the Power supply fan will be noisy at the back of the case and the CDROM at the front. Any pattern to when your system makes the noise and has it always done so?

Where's waaaay upstate NY?

3. valley

valley Thread Starter

I havent noticed any pattern. And i will try to get my ear down there next time I hear it, thanks (y) And no, it hasnt always done it.

Right up on the Canadian border, near Massena, NY. :)

and I think I may have passed through Bennington once on my way to Brattleboro, VT.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/367642