1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My Computer Turns on But Doesn’t Display

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by KittyScientist, Nov 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KittyScientist

KittyScientist Thread Starter

Hello! I’m going to keep this thread pretty quick, my computer started acting very strangely, turning on/off rapidly, and through a little internet searching, found that the quick fix was to reset the CMOS on my PC. After doing so, my computer finally turned on, but now doesn’t display, or give power to my RGB keyboard and mouse, although the RGB in the system works. I can’t get into the BIOS or anything, as it seems that the keyboard and mouse aren’t getting power, and the obvious display issue. However, the Bluetooth light on mhm Bluetooth adapter (also USB) does have a light on, so power is going to the USB ports. So, I’m thoroughly confused, and I’m wondering if anyone has a fix unknown to me as of yet, before I ship it out to somewhere for the next 3-4 months for repair (a horrible experience). Thanks!

I’ll put out more info from the PC if needed.

2. Fireflycph

Fireflycph

First Name:
    Morten
    How did you reset the BIOS?
    Many boards will have a jumber you can set to completely reset the bios. Just remember, which I myself have forgotten, to put the jumper back to it's original setting. Obviously after turning the power back off.

As for your other issues? THe only thing I can think of is that the board has been fried. DIsconnect any and all drives, add-in cards, except video but only if that's the only video you have. Remove all USB devices except keyboard and mouse. ALso, if you have one,boot from the on-board video.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1219232

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice