1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Solved My computer turns on for a few seconds and the turns off

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by RomeTwinn, Feb 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. RomeTwinn

RomeTwinn Thread Starter

I leave my computer on for a long times like 1-4 weeks at a time so that may be part of the problem but it doesn't get really hot (it has 7 fans so yea) but back to the problem when its started i turned it on and i wasn't looking and then it turned off (still not looking) and it turned off again and then it on (looking this time) and i saw it booting up then i saw it froze at the windows 7 logo and then either i turned it off or it turned its self off then. Now when i turn it on it turns its self off after few seconds. but when i leave it alone for a day it stays on for 5-15 seconds.

If you can please help me!

my specs: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-AMD-FX-8350-4-0GHZ-16GB-DDR3-500GB-38496000-/201156598215?

Attached Files:

2. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

The link to your specs shows nothing other than the fact it has a fx8350 and 16gig of ram.
    You need to open the case and find out what hardware you have installed; ie exact mb, exact ram, exact pw supply, exact video card, etc, etc.

If this unit is still under warranty, be sure to check with the seller to see if opening the case will void your warranty.

3. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Is the power supply good enough to supply seven fans and all the other stuff??

4. flavallee

flavallee Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Frank
  5. trogdo

trogdo

Sounds like over heating to me. Seven fans won't do much if thermal past on the heatsink is old or if heatsink is full of lint.

6. RomeTwinn

RomeTwinn Thread Starter

here are all of the specs:
    CPU: AMD FX-8350 4.0Ghz Eight-Core Vishera 8MB Cache AM3+
    Heatsink/Fan: AMD Copper Heatsink and Fan Included
    Motherboards: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA-UD3 (AMD 990FX, 4xPCI-Ex, 6xSATA, 4xDDR3)
    Memory: 16GB (8GBx2) Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1866Mhz Lifetime Warranty
    Hard Drive / SSD: 500GB 7200RPM 32MB Cache SATA3 6Gbps (Major Brand)
    2nd Hard Drive / SSD: 500GB 7200RPM 32MB Cache SATA3 6Gbps (Major Brand)
    DVDRW / BLU RAY: 24X LG SATA Dual Layer DVD /-RW/CDRW w/LG Software
    Video Card: 2GB GeForce GTX 750 Ti GDDR5 PCI-E DVI/HDMI (Major Brand)
    Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64bit
    Case: Apevia X-Hermes Green (4 5.25, 5 3.5) 5 Fans, Audio/USB 3.0
    Power Supply: 700watt Thermaltake TR2 TR-700
    Networking: Onboard 1Gbit LAN included
    Sound Card: Onboard Sound included
    Wiring: Wires and Cables neatly tied up away from fans
    Warranty: 3 Year Parts and Labor Warranty

if you couldn't see them

7. DaveBurnett

DaveBurnett Account Closed

Seven fans says that there was a heat problem TRYING to be overcome rather than fixed.

8. RomeTwinn

RomeTwinn Thread Starter

i have had my computer for about 1 year now so it would of broke back when i got it probably

9. trogdo

trogdo

Seeing as you have 3 years warranty, you might as well take it back to base for repair. I expect solutions proposed here will be invasive and might invalidate your warranty. Nice rig, by the way.

10. RomeTwinn

RomeTwinn Thread Starter

Thanks, yea i am going to do that but i just wanted to see if it was a simple fix like the button for turning it on or something like that. but i'll see if i can return it because it is under warranty and i don't think opening the case is breaking the warranty if it is than i cant bring it back. :)

11. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

If you want to check the pw button, that is a very quick and easy test [as long as you can open the case]
    Pull the two case leads for the pw switch pins and connect them to the reset switch pins on the board. Hit the reset button and see if it posts/boots correctly. If it does [which I doubt] then you know it is either the switch itself OR the wires.

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1142736

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice