1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My computer went from running games at 124 fps to 24fps

Discussion in 'Games' started by Pleasefixthisgirlscomputer, Mar 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pleasefixthisgirlscomputer

Pleasefixthisgirlscomputer Thread Starter

My computer went from running games at 124 fps to 24fps overnight. Can u help me figure out why? I've already tried updating all my drivers, running all virus and malware scans. Nothing seems to work. More than that my disk usage and everything else is under 30% while running the game. There's no reason why my computer should become this slow overnight. I have a very nice computer that runs games on full settings usually. Rightnow I couldn't even run them on the lowest. Using windoWi 10

2. jamescricket

jamescricket

Did you change the resolution in game settings? Run a frame limiting program like Rivatuner? Check your in game resolution settings first. Could even be set to 1920x1080p @ 24hz or something. If so make sure it's 1920x1080 @ 60hz or higher.

Your sure your processor isn't doing something like recording gameplay by accident through a program like Fraps or something? Windows 10 might have built in recorder to I think.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1224917

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice