1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

My Computer Wen't KaPoot

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Rapala167, Oct 6, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Rapala167

Rapala167 Thread Starter

So.... i was on my pc the other day like any other day it had not been on for hours maybe 20 minutes tops the screen saver came up i was about to move the mouse to get rid of it but i started playing my guitar and then BAM it just restarted its self out of no where then when the windows xp loading screen came up it went blank and restarted again and now it seems to be in that continuis loop when ever i turn it on i have not installed any new drivers nor any new programmes i done the obviouse thing and checked all the leads ect . . . still nothing would be much helpfull if someone could shed some light on my prediciment ?

Kind Regards

Dave

2. brite750

brite750

unplug the drives and see if the pc posts, doe monitor work etc

3. Rapala167

Rapala167 Thread Starter

yeah i've tryed that , and yes the monitor works it turns on displays the massive asus sign then
    goes to Safe mode
    Safe mode with networking ect.... then will show its loading windows xp then blip off it goes back the the boot screen again ... i've tryed every possoible think it would normaly be hdd connections all fine cd drive fine ram fine gfx card fine psu fine no logical reason for it !

4. JSanguancheu

JSanguancheu

Are all the system/cpu fans clean and working? (to rule out cpu overheating)

Do you have a Windows install CD? Boot from CD and try a Windows repair.
    Could be corrupted system file(s).

5. Rapala167

Rapala167 Thread Starter

i have checked all the fans ect ... even removed one off the psu to see if it was because the rest of the pc didn't have enough and it was not that , have tryed and no i can not do that it comes up with

File setupdd.sys could not be loaded the error code is 7
    Setup cannot continue . Press any key to exit

so even thats a no go :(

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/756648

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice